Reed Point


Lewis Guthrie moved to the town of Reed Point (originally named Reed) in 1906 and had a store and post office but it wasn't until September of 1911 that Lewis' brother Bob decided to plat the town. After the bridge was built across the Yellowstone to the North, many people rushed to the area to acquire a homestead. In a short time the town grew to have two banks, two lumber yards, two elevators, a hotel, a school and many small stores. As quickly as the town grew, by 1920 the drought had caused the town to die down.